READY TO SAIL
The health and safety of our guests and crew remains the top priority at NurseCon at Sea. Following strict guidelines set forth by Royal Caribbean and the CDC, our sailing includes tools like vaccination, testing, medical-grade cleaning, and advanced air filtration so we can safely deliver The Ultimate Nursing Conference.
All guests aboard NurseCon at Sea must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing, in accordance with Royal Caribbean and CDC policy. Each guest’s regimen must include at least two doses of vaccine unless the guest received the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. This guidance is per Royal Caribbean and the U.S. CDC, and no exceptions will be made, even if the guest’s resident country has authorized a single-shot regimen for a two dose vaccine. All crew onboard the ship and Perfect Day at CocoCay are also fully vaccinated.
All Guests Require Pre-Cruise Testing: Before arriving on boarding day, you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test on your own, at your own expense, to meet U.S. CDC boarding requirements. Vaccinated guests must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day.
Travel Document Checklist
You’ll need to have the following documents when you arrive to board the ship.
- A Passport Book or Passport Card, valid for at least six months after your cruise, is strongly recommended. If you do not have a Passport, you may present a state-certified U.S. Birth Certificate (not a “baby feet” hospital certificate or baptismal paper). Guests that present a Birth Certificate will also need to provide a valid Driver’s License or picture ID issued by the government.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card with the final dose of your vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing.
- COVID-19 Test Result: Vaccinated guests must show a negative COVID-19 test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding.
- Health Questionnaire to be completed on the Royal Caribbean App the day before you board.
Getting Ready to Sail
Follow these steps for a smooth boarding day.
- Get Vaccinated: It’s required for all NurseCon at Sea guests and crew, no exceptions.
- 30 to 90 Days Before: Book your Royal Caribbean extras including shore excursions, drink packages, wi-fi access, specialty dining, spa services and more in the Cruise Planner.
- 30 Days Before: Download the Royal Caribbean App and check in for NurseCon at Sea. Once in the app, you’ll select a 30-minute arrival time slot for your boarding day. It is very important you stick to this arrival window, as we’re arranging the boarding and testing process to accommodate a certain number of guests at one time.
- 2 or 3 Days Before: Get your pre-cruise test. All guests must show a negative COVID-19 test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding.
- 1 Day Before: All guests must complete the Health Questionnaire on the Royal App.
What to Expect on Boarding Day
Arrive Only During Your Time Slot
It is very important that all guests arrive at the terminal within the arrival time slot you selected during Royal App check-in. Those who arrive early will not be able to begin boarding, and those who arrive late will need to wait until we are able to work them into another group.
- Port staff will guide you step by step on document validation.
- Make sure you wear your face mask at all times during the boarding process.