READY TO SAIL
The health and safety of our guests and crew remains the top priority at NurseCon at Sea. Following strict guidelines set forth by the cruise line and the CDC, our sailing may include tools like vaccination, testing, medical-grade cleaning, and advanced air filtration so we can safely deliver The Ultimate Nursing Conference.
We expect our 2023 sailing to require our guests to be fully vaccinated, with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing, in accordance with the cruise line and CDC policy. Each guest’s regimen must include at least two doses of vaccine unless the guest received the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. This guidance is subject to change prior to our sailing.
Be prepared to test prior to boarding: Before arriving on boarding day, we do expect our guests to be required to get tested to meet the current U.S. CDC boarding requirements. Vaccinated guests will most likely be required to show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day.
Travel Document Checklist
You’ll need to have the following documents when you arrive to board the ship.
- A Passport Book or Passport Card, valid for at least six months after your cruise, is strongly recommended. If you do not have a Passport, you may present a state-certified U.S. Birth Certificate (not a “baby feet” hospital certificate or baptismal paper). Guests that present a Birth Certificate will also need to provide a valid Driver’s License or picture ID issued by the government.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card with the final dose of your vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing (subject to change).
- COVID-19 Test Result: Vaccinated guests must show a negative COVID-19 test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding (subject to change).
- Health Questionnaire to be completed for the cruise line the day before you board. (subject to change)
Getting Ready to Sail
Follow these steps for a smooth boarding day. These steps are subject to change.
- Get Vaccinated: We expect it to be required for all NurseCon at Sea guests and crew.
- 30-90 Days Before: Book your cruise line extras including shore excursions, drink packages, wi-fi access, specialty dining, spa services and more.
- 30 Days Before: Download the cruise line app and check in for NurseCon at Sea. Once in the app, you’ll select a 30-minute arrival time slot for your boarding day. It is very important you stick to this arrival window, as we’re arranging the boarding process to accommodate a certain number of guests at one time.
- 2 or 3 Days Before: Get your pre-cruise test. We expect that our guests will be required to show a negative COVID-19 test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding.
- 1 Day Before: All guests must complete the Health Questionnaire and other check-in documentation prior to boarding.
What to Expect on Boarding Day
Arrive Only During Your Time Slot
It is very important that all guests arrive at the terminal within the arrival time slot you selected during check-in. Those who arrive early will not be able to begin boarding, and those who arrive late will need to wait until we are able to work them into another group.
- Port staff will guide you step by step on document validation.
- Make sure you wear your face mask at all times during the boarding process.