Last Updated: October 17, 2023
This Code of Conduct applies to all aspects of your participation in any NurseCon at Sea Events and forms an important part of your NurseCon at Sea Participation Agreement. All capitalized terms used but not defined in this Code of Conduct have the meanings given to them in the Participation Agreement.
We strive to make NurseCon a safe and inclusive community; if you do not agree to abide by this Code of Conduct, you may not participate in any NurseCon at Sea Events.
- Respect & Responsibility. You agree to conduct yourself in a manner that creates and fosters a safe, positive, supportive, and inclusive environment for all participants in our Events. You further agree to treat all other participants with dignity and respect at all times. NurseCon at Sea has a zero tolerance policy for participants that engage in or encourage behavior that is contrary to these ideals, including acts of verbal or physical abuse; language or actions that are derogatory, discriminatory, disrespectful, offensive, or unwelcome, whether in person or online; all forms of harassment, racism, sexism, ableism; and any conduct that attempts to or actually does disrupt an Event.
- Prohibited Items. You may not bring the following items to any Event:
- beverages (alcoholic or non-alcoholic);
- drugs that are illegal pursuant to United States federal law, applicable state law, or the law of any location where the Event takes place, which includes cannabis products of any kind for purposes of this Code of Conduct;
- firearms or weapons of any kind; or
- any other contraband.
Prescription medications must be prescribed in your name, and transported in their original containers as issued by a licensed pharmacy. Your baggage may be subject to search by the Cruise Line or other authorities to ensure compliance with this provision, and they may confiscate and not return any prohibited items they find. You are responsible for compliance with any Cruise Line Terms related to drugs or alcohol. If you are unsure whether a particular item is permitted at an Event, please contact us.
- Smoking & Vaping. You may only smoke or vape tobacco products in a manner that complies with the Cruise Line Terms. You may not smoke or vape indoors at any Event.
- No Vending. You may not sell or offer for sale any goods or services during any Event, unless specifically permitted in advance in writing by us. We reserve the right to confiscate and not return any goods we find in violation of this provision.
- Personal Property; Lost & Found. You understand that we are not responsible for any personal property that you may lose or misplace during an Event. We will provide a Lost & Found area at the Help Desk during Events; we reserve the right to dispose of any unclaimed items from the Lost & Found after an Event is over.
- No Tampering with Reservations or Credentials. You may not tamper with your reservation or any credentials we provide to you (such as badges or wristbands) in any manner, including by modifying, cutting, or attempting to share with or transfer to another individual.
- Your Privacy on Board. You understand that the Vessel and ports are thoroughly monitored by cameras which may be recording at all times. In addition, our staff or contractors will be taking still photographs and video during the Event. If you are not comfortable with being recorded during the Event, do not make a Reservation for or participate in the Event. Please be sure to review the “Media Release” section of the Participation Agreement for more information.
- Pets & Service Animals. Pets are not permitted at our Events. If you require the use of a service animal, you must notify Cruise Line at the time of making your Reservation and comply with any applicable Cruise Line Terms.
- Violations of this Code of Conduct. If you observe behavior that you believe is in violation of this Code of Conduct, please contact us immediately.
- Our Rights. If you violate this Code of Conduct, as determined by us in our sole discretion, we reserve the right to limit or terminate your participation in the Event, without refund. We also reserve the right to report your violations to Cruise Line and/or authorities if we deem necessary or appropriate.
- Contacting Us. If you would like to contact us regarding this Code of Conduct, you can use the “Contact Us” form on our website, send us an email at email@example.com, or call us at 1-850-318-8830 during our business hours of Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm ET, excluding major holidays.
Stay up to date on the latest news