As of April 7, 2023
1. Information We Collect
We may collect the following types of information about you:
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide to us when you use the Services, for example by purchasing products from us or contacting us directly with questions or feedback. This information may include
- Identifiers, such as your name, email address, telephone number, or physical address;
- Purchase information, such as purchase date or purchase amount; or
- User Generated Content, such as personal information you include in comments or survey responses.
Note that if you make purchases via our Sites, you may be required to provide financial information, such as your credit or debit card number, to our third-party payment processor. We do not collect or store such financial information and we are not responsible for the payment processor’s data collection or storage.
Information We Collect Automatically
We may automatically collect information about you when you access the Services, including
- Device information such as device model, operating system and version, unique device or personal identifiers, mobile network information, IP address, or browser type; or
- Activity information such as when you accessed the Services, which pages you viewed, and which sites you visited before and after accessing the Services.
We collect and store some of the information described in this subsection by using cookies and other similar technologies like pixels, tags, and web beacons (collectively, “Cookies”). Cookies are small strings of information that a website you visit transfers to your browser. Cookies can be used to track your internet activity, remember your preferences, or improve your user experience. Some cookies are necessary to operate a website, while others are not. You can decide if and how your device will accept cookies by configuring your browser settings. If you choose to reject cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of the Services.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information about you from third parties, for example by allowing third parties to place their own cookies on the Sites that help us with measuring site traffic or analytics. The information collected and stored by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and practices.
We currently work with the following third parties that may collect your personal information and share it with us:
- Google Analytics
2. How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect about you to serve the following purposes:
- to provide the Services to you;
- to facilitate your purchases from us;
- to manage our relationship with you, including responding to your inquiries, providing you with notices, and requesting your feedback;
- to administer promotions and events;
- to market the Services to you;
- to analyze your use of our Services;
- to improve and enhance our Services;
- to detect and protect against security incidents or fraudulent or unlawful activity;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; or
- other purposes at your direction or with your consent.
3. How We Disclose Your Information
We may disclose your information to third parties as follows:
- with our vendors, agents, consultants, and other service providers who need access to your information to perform services on our behalf, such as web hosting, analytics, marketing, advertising, or e-commerce;
- with our professional advisers, such as auditors, accountants, or lawyers;
- in connection with the change to the control or financial status of Nursecon at Sea, such as a merger, sale of our assets, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy;
- with our current and future affiliate companies;
- on an aggregated and anonymized basis; or
- with other parties at your direction or with your consent.
4. Your Privacy Choices
5. Children's Privacy
The Services are not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 16. If you believe we might have any personal information from or about a child under 16, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss or unauthorized use, access, disclosure, or destruction. Even so, we can’t guarantee the complete security of any personal information you disclose online. For example, emails sent to or from our Services may not be secure, and so you should take care when considering what information you send to us via email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, we assume no liability or responsibility for the loss, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized access by third parties, or other causes beyond our control.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or for other essential purposes, such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, enforcing our agreement, or otherwise as required or permitted by law.
8. Additional Information for California Residents
Residents of California are entitled to the following disclosures:
- Categories of Personal Information: In the past 12 months, we may have collected personal information about you in the categories noted above under “Information We Collect”. We do not knowingly collect sensitive personal information, and we do not knowingly collect or sell personal information of minors under the age of 16.
- Sources of Personal Information: We collect personal information about you from the sources noted above under “Information We Collect”.
- We use and disclose your personal information in the ways noted above under “How We Use Your Information” and “How We Disclose Your Information”.
- In the past 12 months, we have disclosed, for business purposes, your personal information as noted above under “How We Disclose Your Information”.
- Sales of Personal Information: We do not “sell” your personal information (as the term is construed under California law), and we have not engaged in any “sales” of personal information in the last 12 months.
- Sharing of Personal Information: We do not share your personal information with third parties for targeted advertising purposes.
Residents of California are entitled to exercise the following privacy rights:
To exercise any of your California privacy rights (or to have an agent do so on your behalf), please email us at email@example.com with the subject line “California Privacy Request”. We will need to verify your identity and request before taking your requested action(s). If an agent makes a request on your behalf, we will need to verify that agent’s authority to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us.
9. Additional Information for Certain Other U.S. Residents
If you reside in another U.S. state that currently has a comprehensive privacy law in effect (such as Virginia), you may be entitled to exercise the following privacy rights:
- Right to know or access your personal information
- Right to update or correct your personal information
- Right to deletion of your personal information
- Right to nondiscrimination for exercising any of your privacy rights
To exercise any of these privacy rights, if they apply to you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Privacy Request”.
10. Third Party Content
Stay up to date on the latest news